Connect with us

SK Telecom, Hana Financial Group form fintech company “Hana-SK Fintech Corporation”

Asia

SK Telecom, Hana Financial Group form fintech company “Hana-SK Fintech Corporation”

SK Telecom and Hana Financial Group have formed a joint venture — a fintech company “Hana-SK Fintech Corporation”. The venture will develop and launch mobile financial services platforms such as a mobile app to cater easy payments. In addition, the platform will also combine diverse benefits offered by SK Telecom (e.g. membership discounts, data, content, etc.).

sk-telecom-logo

While SK Telecom will hold 49% of stake in the new company, Hana Financial Group will have the remaining 51%.

“The joint venture will enrich customers’ lives through a new variety of innovative fintech services developed by converging Hana Financial Group’s financial services and SK Telecom’s ICT and mobile services. It will also work closely with startups to build an open fintech ecosystem,” said Kim Jung-tae, Chairman of Hana Financial Group.

Besides the financial mobile services, Hana-SK Fintech Corporation will focus on nurturing fintech startups. It will assist the startups to develop their ideas by providing necessary guidance with ICT and financial know-how.

“The mission of the joint venture is to realize an integrated fintech platform that enables customers to use mobile financial services in the most convenient and secure manner,” said Jang Dong-hyun, CEO and President of SK Telecom. “SK Telecom and Hana Financial Group will join forces to revolutionize customer experience and value.”

Ria Lakshman. V is a lead news writer at The Telecom Times. She studied Journalism at Manipal School of Communication and proceeded to work in newspapers and magazines, with technology as her focus area. Passionate about Telecommunications sector, her move to 'The Telecom Times' was a natural choice. Alongside, she also writes for Telecom Talk, where she covers news and tech commentaries in the sector of telecom. In the free time, Ria loves to go camping, read books, or sketch illustrations. She also runs a local design studio and promotes eco-friendly crafts. Ria can be found sharing her knowledge and insights on Twitter.

Trending

Contributors

RSS Technology – Hardware

RSS Technology – Networks

RSS Technology – Robotics

RSS Technology -Semiconductors / Chips

RSS Technology – Software

RSS Telecommunications – Networks

RSS Telecommunications – Services

To Top